Economic Development Intern
- Assist the East Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce programming for all business retention and attraction initiatives
- Assist with Business Resource Speaker Series that coordinates with our Chamber’s Business Technical Assistance program
- Collect data from U.S. Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other databases
- Conduct field research for development projects and neighborhoods
- Assist with organization of East L.A. Chamber Annual Business Expo and Signature Events
- Assist East L.A.’s job retention/creation/attraction efforts
- Custom research project opportunities available
- Research and Analyze East L.A.’s economic indicators & trends
- Present presentation to office staff at end of term on key takeaways and/or research project findings
- Part -time and full-time positions available; full-time preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast pace environment
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a undergraduate or graduate program in Economics, Economic Development, Urban or Regional Planning, Public Policy, Business, or similar program
- Preferably enjoy collecting & cataloging data
- Basic Microsoft office experience
- Excellent writing skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Previous office experience a plus
- Business professional attire required
- Gain great understanding of East L.A.’s business community and vibrant neighborhoods
- Regular brown bag luncheons covering relevant topics on economic development in East L.A.
- Make great connections and build a professional network with local business owners, local government officials, real estate professionals, and more.
- Attend meetings with government agencies, business improvement districts, policy working groups, and more.
- Have a greater understanding of what is required for economic development and of economic development professionals
- Learn how to use ACT! Database and CoStar (a premier database website used by most office and retail brokers)
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY HERE (CHECK OUT THE WAY THIS LOOKS, CAN WE DO THE SAME?). Please include your availability and why you want to work for the East Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce in your cover letter.
Salary: unpaid, Academic credit